Thursday, October 11, 2007

Digital Painting Resources - Imagine FX



One of the more common emails we receive are asking about what good resources are out there for digital painting?

We always tell them the same thing.... ImagineFX.

This is a fantastic digital painting fantasy art magazine out of the UK and has been spreading fast through North America and the rest of the world.

What makes it so good?
- Each issue is full of amazing award winning digital painters and illustrators
- Articles about techniques, tricks, philosophies, opinions and tutorials all about digital painting fantasy art.
- Each magazine comes with DVDs containing many of the raw files from the tutorials and articles as well as sample software and other goodies.
- ...and your buddy Bobby writes for them too :)

I plan on posting about my favorite sections in each issue.

The pic I have up is from the November issue that just came out but I also wanted to mention that the October issue #22 has my buddy Cole Eastburn featured in there. (I've mentioned him in my podcasts a couple of times)

Usually I write for the artist Q&A section so if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments section or you can email them to me.

In November's issue the question was "How do you come up with funny ideas? Is humour in your art something that you can work on?" from Matt Wicks, England.

For more info about ImagineFX click HERE