Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nathan Cameron Painting





This is a digital painting I did of my friend Nathan Cameron. I saved each step and there will be a step by step of this painting featured next Month in CG Arena's Digital Magazine. My Aretha Franklin will be featured as a step by step in July's 3D Total Magazine. Stay tuned for both of these.

Nathan is a good friend of mine who's a talented director/editor, he's filmed, directed, and edited music videos and short films . . . really cool stuff. He and I are currently finishing up my DVD on sketching . . . working on the editing end of things.












Detail. I felt it important even though I was going for a more realistic rendering to keep it brushy and loose in areas. It's painted and I want people to see that.






Here's the main reference of Nathan that I used for my painting.